Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happiness deceives

Now, this one is for Ramya…who is a kind of wise girl now with lots of lessons learned on marriage and ‘the right match’(http://ramyaal.blogspot.com/2009/03/wisdom-that-time-adds.html). Well, she desparately wants to fall in love……probably to escape the onslaught of marriage proposals and the weird guys involved. Dear Ramya and all of you who share Ramya’s woes and have somewhat become a rebel of sorts…this one is specially for you…love is beautiful,no doubt, but it certainly has an invisible price tag attached!!!

In my sunshine days….my tears rained
Life marched on and LOVE WANED
I dare not fall in love again
For I know..how bad it pained!!!!!!!!

I know the joys of first love
The ninth of may, the fifth of june
You feel like sailing in the sky
In the midst of stars and moon

O the time..O the joys
Happiness deceives, I must say
All the rosy dreams you weave
Leave you shattered end of day!!!

Yes..my pains have not healed as yet
And trust me , they never will
He haunts me in my dreams all night
Six years…and they hurt me still!!!

I HATE “LOVE”, for I’ve seen
All its colors end in haze
Love not if you wish to live
Cruel ..cruel.. is the maze.

Love and me? Naah.. not again
The greatest wisdom my heart has gained
I warn you against love dear all
For I know how bad it pained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Dreamer said...

Thanks Tanaya.
So now the only option is to stay away from guyssss...
:(

Sagorika Singha said...

happiness deceives... the multicoloured dreams are fake it seems, reality bites but we can't help falling, can we???

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Am I allowed to comment in this post? Be as it may, the poetry itself was good.
"I know the joys of first love
The ninth of may, the fifth of june"
Nice lines these, the childish obsessions with days that otherwise would have been pretty insignificant.

Tanaya said...

@Sujoy
what's this "Am I allowed to comment in this post? "...a poet and a lawyer is licensed to lie...u know tht right?

Yes...girls remember dates ...and are kind of obsessed with the special ones
Nyways...thanks!!!!

@modern exile
Honestly...we can't :(

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Ah! Poetic license, I remember that. BTW do you know that Ardhendu Purkayastha kicked the bucket recently? Now don't ask me who was that....

Tanaya said...

Ya got the news...how can i forget HIS ENGLISH!!!!!!!

workhard said...

WOW, i feel like i have just read my own story...Bitter life...

Read poems

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. It is due to people like you that the spirit of democracy and freedom of expression is alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at our new website www.indianewsupdates.com. It has various interesting sections. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for.

Also, if you like this website, can you please recommend it to your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

Thank you,

The Future Mantra

Tanaya said...

@workhard
Bitter life...yes.. but we can appreciate the sweet only if we know the bitter!!! Your story...5th june..9th may...any special dates for you..by any chance?

workhard said...

Religious conflicts, cultural issues, not wid him but parents... and then he started acting really funny.. then wants to get back, but never calls, u keep wondering what happened...then utterly sweet, sometimes arrogant. and i can go on forever....

Amit Kumar Das said...

Love lost is better than love never found...never mind....perceptions!!!.....keep walking!!!..leaving u one of my blogpost...can hv a look..

http://aridethroughsilence.blogspot.com/2009/02/reminiscence-of-remnants.html

Tanaya said...

@ Goirick da
Thank you!!!

@ Anorak
Ya..very true..it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I read your poem..nice one:)

Shivi said...

Hey nice poems..keep blogging!