Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Pain of getting wiser !!!!

I never knew that I would teethe at this age!!! There at the end of my jaw line, angled away from all its existing counterparts…standing in its own unique style, is a cute innocuous looking tooth...my wisdom tooth. Yes I am definitely getting wiser and paying quite a heavy price for the same.
Now I know the pain tagged to wisdom and can loudly proclaim “IGNORANCE IS BLISS”. I started having the pain in my gums even when the tooth was not visible. I confused it for a gum infection and went to the dentist for a check up The dentist checked the interns of my mouth, hit all my teeth one by one, asked me all stupid questions ,and with all the happiness on earth, remarked “Congratulations, your wisdom teeth are coming up”. Down with the pain and already irritated with her incessant experimental hitting on all my teeth, I thought.."Congratulations to you rather, doctor, u definitely see some good money here and no wonder you look so happy about my pain”
The doctor gave me some painkillers and asked me to wait till the tooth comes up properly so that she can get it extracted. Days rolled on but the pain never abated..the crap painkillers provided some respite but only for an hour or two…by now my precious wisdom tooth had emerged out of my gums and had become even deadlier..soon my entire mouth got swollen... my ears , my head.. all started aching badly …the pain was so very throbbing that I could hardly open my mouth.. food, sleep, work….everything went for a toss…a small tooth was troubling me like hell…But despite all this, I was scared of going to the doctor and getting it extracted….i was somehow unwilling to part with my dear tooth (lest my wisdom disappears!!). It went like this for a month or so till the pain actually came down.. I am fine now but today morning only I could see another tooth emerging on the other side of my jaw line. And yes, thanks to my already existing wisdom tooth, I m definitely wise enough now to predict that painful times are not so far away!!!

FYI- In Korean, wisdom tooth is referred to as Sa-rang-nee which means love teeth referring to the young age and the pain of the first love

5 comments:

Dreamer said...

Probably a dentist would know less than this on wisdom tooth? :)

Sagorika Singha said...

I need no Wisdom tooth,
I'm Wise,
It's understood!!
:)

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Demand a raise from your boss and a better role too...you are have proof that you are wiser now.

Amit Kumar Das said...

Well, as the dentist said, "congratulation for a second wisdom tooth." .... and a wiser future....:-)

The Sunflower Collective said...

that was fun!