Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Darkest Night

Even I wanted to die till I realised that life is such a beauty..........even I sought darkness till i realised that i can't live without light!!!!!!!!!

The Darkest Night

No trace of moon, no sign of stars
In the darkness of this night
A stagnant sky stares at me
And fills me up with fright.

Not a sound - I hear around
Not a soul in sight
Clouds abound, no rains they pour
Stranger grows the night.

The fragrant flowers have closed their petals
The earth in slumber deep…
The birds and bees, the lofty trees
All are fast asleep.

Caught in shackles, is the wind
So I can’t hear its song
The wind that played, the wind that stayed
With me all along.

As I soar up, up above
Darker gets the night
Lone I tread in paths unknown
With no one by my side.

I hated earth….for all the tears
For all the pains I had..
I wanted peace, I longed for bliss
And sought refuge in DEATH

But never did I want this dark
This stony silent night
Where the stagnant sky stares at me
And fills me up with fright.

I can’t bear this deadly darkness
I can’t bear this night
I want my world, I want it back
With all its noise and light.

7 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

This is better than the other. Dreams and hopes and pains.....never they fails to inspire.

Sagorika Singha said...

dark dreams do give us the fright... I guess we all are followed ny these demons .. It's good to have a weapon to drive them away..

The Sunflower Collective said...

lovely :)
@ sagorika what do you do when u feel like a demon yourself ?

The Sunflower Collective said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanaya said...

Thank you all :)

Arushi said...

I can walk in the way without light.. But I'm afraid,I may not be..in the path,without dreams..

workhard said...

You just need a ray of light to get out the darkness...

Poetry