Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nobody writes letters these days..the world, it seems, has become far too fast paced. It is either the short emails , the quick orkut scraps or even the shorter and quicker sms........Its a 'e' world now..But when it comes to carrying 'e'motions..nothing can match the beauty of a conventional letter..afterall,it carries someone's handwriting..it carries the fragrance of someone's love........

I don't like writing poetry proselike but at times the music refuses to set in.........

A few torn pages of a laboratory notebook
And LOVE scribbled thereon
Defying distance they had reached me...seven years back.
Ah ! his bad handwriting ..was so good to read
And i had slept with it...all night long.


I treasure it still..
Yes, I open it still ..
Now, his love stares at me..with eyes tearful
A thousand questions these fainting words ask
Ah ! the splash of colors...A million memories they uncage
and i see the buds of joy bloom amidst pain!


Rebel these words are
Then they defied distance..now they defy time
As i cling on to that letter...
..And live his love all over again!!!!

8 comments:

Amit Kumar Das said...

"Rebel these words are
Then they defied distance..now they defy time"...Just loved these lines....cant't be more true...

...I used to write letters to one who never understood, then time spoilt me and now I type flowery words, searching the internet at times ... words comes so easy, so cheap these days....

...One who hasn't written a letter, will never understand the essence of waiting for it .... anyways..keep walking!!!

Tanaya said...

Even I love these lines..thanks!
Gone are the days of letters..we cannot do without mobiles these days..invention ,it seems, has become the mother of necessity...communication has become so damn easy these days...i do miss the sweetness of waiting for a letter..i really do. I have a huge collection of letters at home...the ones which i wrote to my father as a kid and the ones which my father wrote back..at times when at home in silchar we all sit together and read those letters and relive the sweet bygone days..letters are special indeed..they defy distance...they defy time!!!

Dreamer said...

True. I rack my head hard only to realize that I have not written too many letters in my life.. 6 or probably 7.What a shame!

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

tanaya- very very beautiful... loved your poetry. loved your blog...
hope to keep coming back every time you write :)
take care. do visit.

Tanaya said...

@ Dreamer
It is better late than never...
High time..find out that special someone and keep romancing with the words:)

@ Little Girl Lost
Thank you so much. It feels so nice to have met so talented people like you in the blogosphere.your feedback is always welcome :)

Bharathi said...

Yah..dats true...a letter can never be replaced by any e-writing. My dad had been asking me 2 write letters for a long time now...

I am starting it 2day!
:)

woods said...

Nice!

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

hello tanaya... thank you for liking my poem... if you have time please read the other poems on my blog. dont worry there aren't many, just scroll down :)

and if you like my blog, please do become a follower so that i can share with you whenever i write.
i'll be waiting for your next poem :)