Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's not a happy weekend...here I am working on a Saturday compensating for the holiday declared on the election day in Karnataka. It feels all the more sad sitting in front of the lifeless monitor and typing some dull code when the day is "Pochise Boisaakh"..the birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore...the day which is so very special to me...so very auspicious for bengalis all over the world. I made my silent celebrations yesterday..all alone in my Bangalore home...reading out Gurudev's poetry..singing out his songs. Memories abound........i grew up with his creations...my childhood, my teenage,
my youth…. there was Rabindranath everywhere..in all my happiness..in all my pains. The more I read him..the more i know him...the more awestruck am I....
I miss the Rabindra jayanti celebrations back home....i miss the excitement of those endless rehearsals..i miss it all..

Would like to share with you all a bengali poem i wrote last pochise boisaakh.....i dont have the bangla fonts here..so using the english letters only..

Kobigurur proti

aamar dukkho betha bhoy bhabona kichui naai
jokhon tomar shurer jhornatole haariye jaai
jokhon edik odik baajte thake tomaar gaan
aadhar chire uthle hride aalor baan
shei aaloy aaloy bhaste thaki
aami tomaay bhalobaashte thaki
tomar kothar jadur kaathi..pagol kore praan


tomar shur tomar chhondo
taar poroshe je mor ki aanondo!!!
tomar bhasha tomar bhab
thakle hride...kisher obhab?
tomar shur baajle buke...aamar hoyna haashi mlaan
tomar kabbo,tomar kotha..pagol kore praan


tomar kothaay ek poloke
jaai bheshe kon kolpoloke
jetha soishob aamar, koishor aamar..aabar khuje paai
oshim tumi aanondomoy
pagol koro aamar hridoy
ami tomar shure chhonde kobi...miliye jete chai.


Feel like writing more on this day.....but am in a hurry..have my 6 oclock shuttle to catch. Its drizzling outside, as i see from my office window....Hope to have a beautiful musical evening..."Shubho Pochise Boisaakh"!!!!!!

12 comments:

Amit Kumar Das said...

aami bhule e gechilam...aajke poila boishak...khub bhalo laglo....saisob sethe khub besi kobi guru r kobita aami porini....ja jani gaan theke....tao khub beshi na....i will have to do a lot of catch up....anyways its never late, i guess....keep walking!!!
....BTW u r back after a long time....:)

Tanaya said...

@ Anorak
kobiguru ke poroni..then sottyi onek miss korecho....high time u start ....it's endless i tell u..mesmerising...he is the greatest of all romantics...a saint..

ya me..after a while..have an exam in office and cant afford flunking

Anya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

tanaya- khub shundor laglo.
amar jokhon 7 bochor boyesh tokhon pochishe boishakher din amader class e impromptu robindronath ke niye kobita likhte bola holo.
ami lkhechilam :-

Rabi Thakur
Amar Kakur
Priyo Kobi

Shobchey Bhalo
Chhoran Alo
Thakur Robi

:D jaa-taa .i was a horrible poet even then...

new post come n read.

Tanaya said...

@ Little Girl Lost
Thanks a lot dear!!!
your story reminded me something..Once i was talking to a very renowned poet of Silchar, Chhabi Gupta..she had told me that once on Rabindra jayanti, her father had asked her to write a poem on rabindranath..she must be 6-7 yrs then..She had written
"Boro hole aami hobo
mosto boro kobi
jobdo hobe tomader oi
daariwala Robi"
Her father was so great a kobiguru fan, that he cud not stand those lines and slapped her rightaway...

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

jabbaba, eto shundor kobita likhlo meyeta ar uni chor marlen???
bangali der ekta peculiar worship moto bepar ache Robi Thakur ke niye. eta thik noy. onar lekha debotar bani hishebe pora uchit noy, ekta oshamnyo manusher srishti hishebe dekha uchit, noy?

muthu said...

Poems and poets always do have a heavy influence on me as a kid. And though my native language is Tamil and I did not really understand the poem , I can understand the spirit that gets into you by reading it.

I myself love kannadasan s tamil poem.

and in a trend that is slowly wrapping up and casting away the souls of our spirit - poems and stories, your want to celebrate Tagore s day is a singular redemption.

Cheers to poets.


muthu
www.average-everyday.blogspot.com

Tanaya said...

@ Muthu
Nandri....:)
The beauty of literature..the happiness it provides is actually above all linguistic barriers..your comment on my post proves that.The other day my friend was reciting the snippets from Thiruvallur..though i dont understand Tamil but i I could definitely enjoy the rythm...thank you :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

patta nei keno??

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

You are effortless bilingual.
Great way to celebrate someone birth anniversary, especially when he obviously has a big influence on you.

Don't know how you think about it, but methinks poems in Bengali make for very good recitation material.

Seepz said...

You write well. You haven't written in a long time. Why's that?

Sagorika Singha said...

where have you disappeared all of SUDDEN???
spending too much time with the 'family' I see!!!