Thursday, January 22, 2009

Laugh at me!!!!!!!!!

I admit, I am at times, very unmindful and forgetful. Due to this, I end up doing many silly and crazy stuff. The stories of such stupid acts of mine have always been a great laughing stock for my friends and family and I feel so very proud that even in these stressful times I give people enough reason to laugh. But sometimes I wonder was it really me doing all these crap……..m I really so unmindful and forgetful? Strange seem the workings of my brain.I bet, I never forget to turn off the gas regulator or to switch off the geyser. I bet, I can recollect all the questions in toto after I give any exam. My concentration is so very good that once I was working and a fire alarm went off….believe me all the people ran out of the building but there I was still glued to my system unaware that there is nobody around me. But sometimes I am completely lost in my own unknown world and I simply act weird.

Once in my home at Silchar, a beggar was at the door and my mom asked to get a bowl of rice for the beggar. I went straight to the bathroom and fetched one mug water from the tumbler….I came to the beggar and was about to pour the mugful water in the poor man’s bag when I suddenly came to my senses and realized what I was doing.From then on, whenever I give any food or alms to a beggar, I cant help remembering that incident.

Then another day, My mom asked me to get the clothes from the courtyard which she had put out in the sun for drying. At the same time she had asked me to throw away some waste water in the drain. I collected all the clothes, took the bucket of waste water in my hand and can u believe, instead of throwing the water, I threw all the washed and dried clothes into that dirty stinking drain. I thought that I would get some good thrashing for this but the act was so very stupid that my mother, instead of getting angry burst out laughing. Multitasking is such a risk with me you see!

Then once in Bangalore..I was going home and had a flight at 5-30 in the morning. It was 3-30 and I was about to catch the cab to the airport .I was supposed to carry the luggage in my hand. I told bye to my roommates, made my usual prayers and you know what, instead of picking the bag, I picked the bucket and went to board the taxi. I never realized what I was doing……could not even feel the difference of weight. Good that my roommate noticed and screamed out laughing “Dear, where are you going with the bucket”. She got me my bag and saved me from the scare of reaching the airport without my luggage and tickets.

Then another day in Bangalore, my roommate had a kept a fast the entire day for the “Ganga Bachao Andolan”, urged upon by Baba Ramdev ji. She was making payasam with suji to break her fast. Hungry and tired , she was desparate to have her first grains of the day. She was making the payasam with great care……ghee, cashewnuts, raisins..she was putting all nice stuff to make the dish really tasty. The only mistake she did was to ask me to add sugar to it. I don’t know where I was lost but I added salt instead. As she put the first morsel in her mouth…….Yuck……she screamed “Tonoya..wat have u done?”..bloody me…..i could immediately realize what a mess a I had done. Poor my roommate…..i felt so sorry for her and so ashamed at my stupidity. It was 10 pm in the night and we had to get all the stuff from the nearby shop and make the payasam all over again. And this time she dared not ask me to add anything.
Then another day, my nephew Siddharth was trying to reach my place. He did not know the exact location and so after coming in the vicinity, he called me up. He told where exactly he was standing and asked me to guide him. With great confidence, I told him that two steps further on, he would find a big statue of hanuman and he is to take a right from there. Now my dear nephew kept searching for the statue but could not find any…he however found one picture of Lord Ganesha in the same place. Going by my track record, he immediately realized that may be that was what I was referring to and ultimately reached my place.

So these are some of the incidents in which you can get a very true picture of my extremely stupid self. Hope you have enjoyed reading and thank you for making fun of me!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Tough life this...and to conjure up a laugh, even at one's own expense, is an honourable thing to do.
Nice posts could do with more updates though.

Cheerio!!!!
Have a nice time.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Aha! So it is you. Long time no hear,eh?
You are in Bengaluru I suppose, Wipro? Nice to see you on the blogging community.

Tanaya said...

Ya....bangalore and wipro only. Sujoy..my ramanuj classmate?